Finding your next pair of black basketball shoes?
Black is one of those colors that never go out of style. In addition, black is easy to combine with other colors. This versatile color represents elegance and power.
Whether you need to add to your collection, or you need easy-to-maintain sneakers that are also versatile, you can’t go wrong with black.
A great pair of black sneakers can be your go-to basketball shoes.
We’ve compiled a list of the best black basketball shoes with a highlight of the unique features and pros and cons of each sneaker.
10 Best Black Basketball Shoes Review
1. Adidas Men’s Ownthegame Basketball Shoe – All black men basketball shoes
These Adidas sneakers are trendy–both on and off the court. The debossed toe cap and 3-stripes complete the mid-top silhouette. For durability, the high-wear zones are protected with synthetic leather.
With a traditional lace-up design, these Own the Game sneakers provide a secure fit, and the mesh with synthetic leather upper is supportive and easy to wipe clean.
For plush comfort and energy for clutch moves, you get a cushioned cloudfoam footbed and midsoles. The extended rubber in key areas provides a bit of flex for quick movements. Not to mention the Adiwear rubber outsole that provides durability and dual-zone traction as you maneuver your way to the hoops.
- Mesh upper and coated synthetic leather zones
- Mid-cut profile with lace closure for a secure fit
- Durable Adiwear outsole for durability
- Cushioned Cloudfoam midsole for a plush feel
- Extremely comfortable
- Budget shoes
- Lightweight and fits like a glove
- Great for outdoor use
- Sturdy leather upper
- True to size
- Impressive ankle support
- No insole
- Narrow and tight around the toes
AdidasOwn the Game basketball shoes are designed to perfect your performance on the court. The major drawback is the lack of an insert.
2. Nike Men’s Air Visi Pro VI Basketball Shoe -Nike men’s basketball shoes
These Nike Air Visi Pro VI sneakers are made for the versatile player. The highlight of the Air Visi Pro VI is the impressive cushioning. Experts and users have also commended the Herrington pattern, which flexes as you move.
Nike streamlined the design, delivering a simple, yet stylish basketball silhouette. It’s not too flashy that you can’t wear it outside the court, but it’s trendy enough as an everyday shoe.
The air-filled heel piece adds an extra layer of cushioning, providing supportive landing after a jump. For more comfort, it has a comfy inner lining and a mesh tongue for good airflow and ventilation.
- Synthetic leather upper for durability
- Nike Airbag for impact protection and responsiveness
- Dynamic flex grooves and multi-direction Herringbone for efficient burst movements
- Mid-top design for excellent ankle support
- Asymmetric foam collar for easy wear
- Perforations on the fore heel for breathability
- Great cushioning
- Good ankle support
- Sturdy enough for outdoor use
- Support for wide, flat feet
- Arch support
- Great traction
- Makes audible squeak sounds on hard flooring
- Not lightweight
- Hard footbed
Nike Air Visi Pro VI offers great cushioning and a supportive upper to keep you going on the court. The all-black design adds a trendy appeal.
3. Under Armour Pre School 2019 Basketball – black kid basketball shoes
The first basketball shoe for kids on this list is the Under Armour Jet 2019. These pre-school sneakers offer your kiddo the comfort and support needed as they start to play basketball. The unisex shoes are also durable for everyday use as your child plays and explores.
For all-day comfort, these sneakers have a die-cut EVA sock liner, which provides underfoot cushioning. There are perforations on the molded heel for added ventilation.
The Jet ticks the box in terms of traction with its rubber outsole and traction pattern, enhancing lateral movements and solid grip on a variety of flooring.
- Rubber outsole with traction pattern for reliable traction
- Mid-top cut for efficient ankle support
- TPU film toe cap for added durability and protection.
- Great support
- Good quality
- Good for basketball
- Grippy sole
- Narrow fit not comfortable for those with wide feet
- Runs small
These Under Armour Jet 2019 unisex shoes provide the confidence your kid needs to get started on the court. The black colorway combines with a white outsole and a white logo of Nike for a contrasting, stylish look. They look great on the feet, whether for sports or as everyday wear.
4. Adidas Hoops Mid 2.0 Basketball Shoe – Adidas child black and white basketball shoes
Tough shoes for outdoor play on and off the court, these Adidas Hoops 2.0 basketball shoes boost your kids’ love for sports. This basketball-inspired mid-top offers the vintage appeal of classic high-top sneakers while providing plush comfort and a reliable grip.
Parents have praised the court look and 3-stripes style and the support which the mid-cut leather upper with mesh collar provides. With hook-and-loop closure straps that look like laces, this Hoops Mid 2.0 delivers a secure fit.
The Ortholite Float sockliner and EVA midsole deliver cushioning, while the rubber outsole provides excellent traction for quick movements.
- Mid-cut with a padded tongue for ankle support
- Lace-up closure for a secure fit
- Soft textile material with suede toe overlay for enhanced style
- Adidas 3-stripes and rubber cupsole for classic hoop design
- Ortholite Float sockliner for comfort and performance
- Classic high-top in a low profile look
- Comfortable and supportive
- Great ankle support
- ·Stylish design with contrasting colors
- Not suited for wide feet
- Needs breaking in
Adidas Hoops 2.0 mid sneaker for kids offers basketball style for your little athletes. The court-inspired look combines with contrast colors to lend a classic style.
5. Nike Men’s Ebernon Low Basketball Shoe – Low top basketball shoes
Mimicking the retro look of the ’80s hoops, the Nike Men’s Ebernon basketball shoe features a timeless look similar to the Nike Airforce One. The genuine and synthetic leather provides durability, while the lace-up detail keeps your feet in.
The classic rubber sole construction adds to the classic look while proving durability.
With its low-cut silhouette, this sneaker delivers a low-to-the-ground feel. And the traditional tongue and laces enable a secure fit. Adding to the retro vibe is the stitched overlay, and the color-blocking lends a hook-shot style.
- Genuine synthetic leather for long-term sue
- Design lines from the 80s for a retro look
- Debossed Nike branding on the heel
- Low-cut silhouette with lace-up
- Mesh material with padded collar and tongue for breathable comfort
- Easy to wipe clean
- Works for multiple casual occasions
- Impressive arch support
- Looks like the Nike Air Force One
- Toe box creases easily
- Longer break-in period
The Nike Men’s Ebernon low basketball shoe echoes the classic designs of Mike’s basketball shoes of yesteryears while delivering comfort and support. If you’re a Nike enthusiast looking to enhance your causal looks, the Ebernon low fits the bill.
6. Under Armour Men’s Lockdown 4 Basketball Shoe -Under Armor men basketball shoes
The Under Armor Lockdown is great for indoor basketball while offering an attractive design for everyday wear. The black on white colorway, especially, is stunning and sure to get compliments. A breathable sockliner delivers improved underfoot cushioning and extra protection.
The Lockdown 4 shoes feature a perforated leather upper for more ventilation, keeping you dry. Wit multi-level adaptive tread pattern on the outsole, it keeps you in control of your movements.
The major highlight of the Lockdown 4 is the availability of big sizes—up to size 16. If you have large feet and have issues with finding the perfect fit, these basketball shoes deliver. However, they run small in size, so you might want to consider a size upper when buying.
- Perforated leather keeps you dry and comfortable on the court
- Lightweight design
- The multi-level adaptive tread pattern on the sole keeps you in control
- Molded synthetic upper for a responsive fit
- True to size
- Excellent ankle support and heel lockdown
- Responsive fit and comfort
- Lots of traction for indoor basketball
- Suitable for wide feet
- Attractive color options
- Goes up to size 16
- No court feel
- Not as high-quality as other shoes in the price range
The Lockdown 4 delivers in three key areas—comfort, good looks, and traction. These sneakers are aesthetically pleasing enough as everyday wear, and they deliver on the court.
Nike Precision 3 features a mid-top design with a padded collar for a perfect combination of comfort, cushioning, and support. The foam midsole of these sneakers is lightweight and offers two levels of cushioning for impact support.
While these shoes run true to size, some buyers have indicated that it’s a bit narrow. If you’re wide-footed, you might want to check out others like the Under Armor Lockdown 4. These shoes have multidirectional traction and sturdy outsole team up for soft steps and quick cuts.
In terms of material, the Precision 3 Nubuck basketball shoe is made of mesh and fabric for breathable support during games. The Nike and Swoosh branding on the sides, tongue, and heel add to the stylish silhouette.
- Mid-cut upper with padded collar offers comfort and support
- Mid-foot shank provides torsional rigidity
- Multidirectional traction with dual pivot points enhance lateral movements
- Engineered quarter panel and additional eyelets improve fit
- Nice arch support
- Easy to clean
- Sturdy sole
- Breaks in easily
- Superb traction
- Excellent value for money
- Foam cushions feel responsive
- Attractive design with nice colorways
- Not suitable for wide feet
- Non-premium material
With the Nike Precision 3, you get a stylish, responsive, and comfy basketball sneaker at a pocket-friendly price. They’re sturdy enough for work yet casual for play.
8. Nike Men’s Training Basketball Shoe -Training basketball shoes
The next basketball shoe on this list is the Nike training basketball sneakers for men. With a mid-cut design, these training shoes provide ankle support. The medium-cut design keeps you fast and agile as you transition through your stride.
The curved outsole has a tread pattern that wraps the midsole from side to side, helping you maintain traction on the court.
With a velcro strap crossing over the laces, these sneakers secure your foot over the footbed. The upper is made of mesh-like material with leather for breathable support. The green Nike Swoosh contrasts beautifully with the black color for a trendy appeal.
- The curved outsole has a tread pattern that wraps the midsole to help you maintain traction.
- Responsive cushioning helps you drive down the court
- Velcro strap crosses over the laces to keep your foot in
- Asymmetrical design allows for quick wear
- Mid-cut profile for ankle support
- Good traction
- Ankle support
- Straps lock your feet in
- Snug fit
- Good cushioning
- Velcro strap
- Runs small
- Not sturdy enough for outdoor basketball
- Not extremely comfortable
These Nike training shoes for men are great for the outdoors. The contrasting design looks nice, and they pair well with a variety of casual clothing.
9. Adidas Men’s Hoops 2.0 Mid Basketball Shoe – Men’s mid basketball shoes
A reboot of hoops DNA, these Hoops 2.0 mid-top offers a timeless look, while the synthetic leather delivers a sleek vibe. With a grippy rubber outsole, these sneakers offer excellent traction, while the mesh collar provides breathability.
These Hoops 2.0 features a sturdy rubber cup sole that stands up to daily use on the hardwood and the streets. The EVA sock liner enhances comfort, and the mid-cut design with classic lace-up offers the stability you need when on the move.
This popular budget shoe has the signature 3-stripes on the side for a classy appearance. The cool colorways pair easily with casual and sportswear.
• Sleek synthetic leather upper with the signature Adidas three stripes
• Thick rubber outsole for a sporty and modern look
• Streamlined design and comfy, not too flashy
• Comfortable for long walks
• Snug fit
• Durable and stylish
• It doesn’t have a court feel
• Not easy to wear
The Adidas Hoops 2.0 Mid is a decent sneaker for everyday casual shoes. It offers high-quality construction and vintage aesthetics similar to classic basketball shoe designs but at an affordable price. However, it doesn’t have a court feel. It’s more of fashion footwear.
10. Nike Unisex-Child Team Hustle D 8 (Gs) Basketball Shoe -Unisex child
Designed for little athletes, this Nike Team Hustle D8 offers grown-up basketball style and kid-friendly comfort. The midfoot strap locks down the feet for a secure fit, while the lightweight midsole provides flexible cushioning.
Featuring a leather mesh upper, this kids basketball shoe provides durability for everyday activities. With the heel pull tab that allows for easy entry, slipping on these shoes is seamless.
Another highlight of the Hustle D8 is the perforations along the forefoot that provides ventilation, and the flex grooves allow natural movement.
- Leather upper with foam-backed mesh provides comfort
- Perforation on the toe box allows for breathability
- Midfoot strap delivers locked-in fit
- Flex grooves in the midsole promote natural movement
- A dramatic pop of color at the side and heel adds a trendy appeal
- Easy to get on
- Cute and stylish sports shoe for kids
- Great fit
- Straps keep the laces tied
- Comfortable for all-day wear
- Large front
- Not as durable as competitors
These Nike Team Hustle D8 Basketball Shoes offer durability, breathable comfort, and versatility. Whether shooting hoops or playing with friends, your kid will love the lightweight responsiveness of this Nike Hustle D8 shoe.